In 2016, Legacy Studios, a national school and sports photography studio, hired Mahalo Media Group to design and develop a website for their new client: the United States Naval Academy.
As the official photographers for USNA, Legacy Studios wanted a website that showcased their professional portraits. From the site, midshipmen needed the ability to schedule sessions with the Legacy Studios on-campus photographers, and the site content needed to speak to their audience of midshipmen and their families.
To satisfy these requirements, MMG put together a team of experts who provided:
- Custom web design of a responsive, single page website
- Implementation of Acuity Scheduling, making it convenient for midshipmen to schedule portrait sessions online
- Development of a WordPress site that the client could update any time from anywhere
- Web content that conveyed the value of their portrait offerings
We launched the Legacy Studios USNA site in time for the fall portrait sessions, where thousands of midshipmen from each class are photographed by our client.
An ecommerce solution for USNA
Happy with the website results, Legacy Studios returned to ask us to design and develop an ecommerce solution for their USNA site. They had two requirements:
- Customers needed to complete their transactions in just three clicks.
- Like the Legacy Studios USNA website, the ecommerce site had to be visually impactful.
We got to work at MMG to design and develop a custom, simple-to-use solution with WooCommerce, a popular WordPress ecommerce platform.
Because WooCommerce is open source and has been available for years, there are hundreds, if not thousands, of extensions for the platform. Customizing our client’s site with only the features they needed was not only quick and easy, but affordable too.
In the end, MMG delivered an ecommerce site that makes ordering digital and physical products straightforward with a secure four-step checkout process.
Interested in your own online store? Learn more about the options available to you in our blog post, “How to choose an ecommerce platform for your business.” Contact us, and we’ll help you find the best ecommerce solution for your needs.